The Twin Cities (TC) Ignatian Associate Community in Minneapolis – St. Paul, Minnesota was begun in 1999 with 12 members. Currently there are 50 promised members and 7 persons in formation. Promised members meet twice a month for Faith Sharing and Liturgy, several times a year for days of retreat, and for social celebrations.
TC Associates live out their promise of apostolic availability in service to diverse vulnerable populations. Some of the ministries include
- Ignatian Spirituality Project (ISP) that facilitates 2-day retreats for men and women recovering from addiction and are or have been homeless
- Listening House that provides day services for the homeless
- Cristo Rey Jesuit High School with a college prep curriculum serving students from lower income families
- AMICUS, a ministry to persons in prison
- Peaceful Presence, an ecumenical monthly prayer reflection for peace
- Conversations With Friends, a ministry that visits or writes to persons in detention facilities
- Kino border ministry for immigrants and refugees
- Involvement in parish ministries such as visiting and bringing Communion to the homebound, singing in choir, helping with sanctuary families
One of the ministries valued by the TC IAs is being prayer partners with the Jesuit novices who reside in St. Paul. In addition to several “formal” gatherings, IAs share time with “their” novice at coffee, lunch, community events, and prayer. Many remain in contact across the years. The IAs assist the novitiate with events such as Vow Day.
Community is valued by the Associates. Celebrations such as Fat Monday (Monday before Ash Wednesday) provide an opportunity to get to know their fellow journeyers. Promised members have a companion (another Promised member) with whom he/she meets monthly to provide support to each other on their journey.
Some Associates spend some of the winter months away from Minnesota, but they remain part of the community by participating via phone with a Faith Sharing group.
The Twin Cities Associates accept persons into formation each year. If you would like more information about Twin Cities Ignatian Associates, contact email@example.com
To Apply for the Twin Cities Community
If you are interested in applying to be a member of the Twin Cities Ignatian Associate community, please click on the following documents to:
1) download and review the Process for joining
2) download, complete and email back the Application Page to the email address noted on the form
3) then download the cover letter for writers of recommendation to give to those writing letters for you